Mold is a special type of fungus that can be easily and quickly spread through spores. It is not always possible to notice the visible growth of mold. But, the affected material becomes a source of mold spores. So the first sign of mold contamination is the appearance of spores in the air. Mold may be invisible to the eye, located under the carpet and slowly but surely eat your house. Radiation or heavy metals affect the organism invisibly. Mold behaves in the same way, affects a person's health and housing.
First of all, mold is dangerous because of its mycotoxins. These toxins cause poisoning or depressive influence on other living organisms. They lead to dizziness, headaches, treatable allergic skin diseases, rhinitis, otitis migraine, bronchitis, rhinitis, cardiovascular disorders, asthma, mycotoxicosis. Mold can possibly damage the internal organs of people with poor immunity. All these diseases become chronic and cause difficulties in treatment.
To get rid of mold in your home, follow these pieces of advice:
- Repairing a house, choose "dry" materials to avoid constructive humidity. Plaster of lime-cement is considered to be more resistant to water than lime. The more cement in the plaster, the stronger it is. All wooden construction materials must be treated with an antiseptic.
- Building a house see how the vertical joints of drainpipes are fixed. The distance from the wall of the building must be at least 1-1.5 inches.
- Balcony floor can be protected from moisture using dense bed epoxy or polyurethane coating.
- Ventilating the house actively, you create an unfavorable climate for the fungus. At the same time, airing the house during the cold season is also recommended and possible. It is better to open a window (door to balcony) for a short time. Opening windows for some time helps to cool the walls.
- Avoid presence of unheated rooms in your house in winter time.
- Avoid hanging wet clothes in the room.
- Repair water taps in time.
- Increase ventilation of the bathroom, and reduce the number of potted plants in an apartment or house.
Remember, dampness and moisture are favorite places of mold. And if you bother how to get rid of mold, just make your house drier and ventilate rooms at least two times a day.